How to Play and Win Mega Millions Florida Lottery
For just $2, you could win the multi-state MEGA MILLIONS® jackpot, which starts at $40 million and increases by at least $5 million with each rollover. Match all 5 white balls and the Mega Ball to win the jackpot! Match just the 5 white balls and win $1,000,000; if your ticket includes the Megaplier® you win up to $5 million! Players can add Megaplier for $1 more per play to increase their non-jackpot winnings by up to five times!
Pick up a MEGA MILLIONS playslip at an authorized Florida Lottery retailer. Each playslip contains five panels (A-E). To play, in each panel:
MEGA MILLIONS Playslip
- Select five numbers from 1 through 70 in the upper play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box and let the terminal randomly pick some or all of your numbers.
- Select your Mega Ball number from 1 through 25 in the lower play area, or mark the QP (Quick Pick) box for the terminal to randomly select your Mega Ball number.
- To win two to five times more on your non-jackpot prizes, select the Megaplier box.
- Megaplier costs $1 more per play. Please Note: The Megaplier box applies to all panels and Quick Picks played on the playslip.
- To play the same numbers for more than one draw, simply tell the retailer how many advance draws you wish to play or select the number of draws in the Advance Play section of your playslip.
- Review your selections carefully. MEGA MILLIONS tickets cannot be canceled.
Give your completed playslip and payment to the retailer ($2 per play for MEGA MILLIONS, or $3 per play for MEGA MILLIONS with Megaplier). You will receive a ticket printed with your numbers, drawing date(s), and total cost of the ticket. MEGA MILLIONS with Megaplier tickets will display “MEGAPLIER YES.”
- Check the official drawing results to see if you’re a winner! Drawing results are available on this website; on the Florida Lottery’s official Twitter page; at authorized Florida Lottery retailers; and at (850) 921-PLAY (7529).
Drawings are held Tuesday and Friday nights at 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. Tickets may be purchased until 10:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on the night of the drawing. Tickets purchased after that time will be for the next drawing.
Megaplier is a special feature that allows players to win two to five times their non-jackpot prizes, for just $1 more per play! A player must choose the Megaplier option on his/her MEGA MILLIONS playslip or tell the retailer that he/she wishes to purchase Megaplier. The Megaplier number, selected right before the MEGA MILLIONS draw, will determine the multiplier for that draw. See chart below for all Megaplier prize payouts.
How to Win Mega Millions
Each Tuesday and Friday night MEGA MILLIONS® drawings are conducted, in which five out of 70 numbers (white balls) and a Mega Ball number between 1 and 25 (gold ball) will be drawn at random. There are nine ways to win MEGA MILLIONS prizes by matching the winning numbers drawn in the official drawing for the date played. Match all five numbers plus the Mega Ball to win the jackpot or match any of the non-jackpot-winning combinations to win other great cash prizes!
All MEGA MILLIONS prizes are set payouts, except the jackpot. The jackpot prize will be shared among all jackpot winning plays in all MEGA MILLIONS states. The jackpot will be paid in 30 graduated annual payments or a one-time cash payment of a reduced amount. If there is no jackpot winner, the money in the jackpot pool rolls over to the next MEGA MILLIONS drawing.
All MEGA MILLIONS prizes must be claimed in the state where the ticket was purchased. MEGA MILLIONS prizes must be claimed within 180 days after the winning drawing date. Federal income taxes will be withheld from MEGA MILLIONS prizes as required by the Internal Revenue Code at the time payments are made. Any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the winner. Prizes of up to $1 million may be claimed at a Florida Lottery district office. Prizes of more than $1 million must be claimed at Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee.
If you claim a prize on a winning Advance Play ticket before all of the draws on the ticket have occurred, you will be issued a continuation ticket for the remaining draws with the same play numbers as the original ticket.
All prizes must be claimed within 180 days of the applicable drawing date. All MEGA MILLIONS prizes must be claimed in the state where the ticket was purchased.